Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mousehunt

Mousehunt (1997), is a comedy with a tail. Directed by Gore Verbinski, a person who is well known for his movies such as The Mexican and Pirates of the Caribbean series.

The storyline is pretty simple, but the events in itself makes you laugh. The story begins with two brothers inheriting a string factory from their deceased father. The factory is an antique compared to the modern factories. The factory is not making any profits, and is facing difficulty paying its own workers. The only other possession that their father leaves them with, is a half filled cigar box, a ceramic egg, a lucky string, oh, and an old house, where our main character the mouse is. Watch the movie to see the plot unfold instead of me spilling out all the beans and taking away the pleasure of you viewing it and discovering your funny side.

I had seen a part of this movie long long time ago, actually the ending. The only thing I remembered was laughing due to the actions of the mouse who seems to be actually very smart. Browsing through IMDB, I stumbled across this movie, and I knew it I had to watch it. Well, I laughed a lot and I had a good feeling towards the end of the movie. Have to say kids and those young at heart will love it.

5 comments:

deekay said...

just what the doc ordered for me....:)

Dhaval said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I saw this movie at Little Shenoys, Ernakulam in the late 90’s. It was surely a hearty laugh throughout, I must say. Amazingly sequenced, flamboyantly hilarious and that’s one brilliant mouse :D

@Dhiraj; A Laughter Medicine. Sab teek taak?

deekay said...

@ds....nothing bhai..did not get up in the morning...lost some precious hours work...thought of laughing it out....;-)

unknown poet said...

hey tb...keep on ur good work..:)..i wil surely watch this movie when i get time..